EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR YOUR BUSINESS
NEWS & EVENTS
Minestrone soup is a thick vegetable soup that generally contains pasta and sometimes peas or beans. It is usually topped liberally with grated Parmesan cheese and is hearty enough to be considered a complete meal.
1 pound lean sausage
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 cup chopped carrots
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 cans (16 ounces) diced tomatoes
8 cups of chicken stock
1 can (16 ounces) white beans with liquid
1 can (16 ounces) red kidney beans, drained
2 cups zucchini cut into 1/2 inch pieces
2 cups chopped spinach (fresh or frozen, thawed and drained)
1 cup cooked pasta
2 teaspoons dried basil
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
1. In an 8 quart stock pan, brown sausage.
2. Add tomato paste, cook 5 minutes until brown.
3. Add onions, celery, garlic, carrots and oregano. Cook until garlic is aromatic, approx. 5 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes and chicken stock.
5. Cook until the vegetables are tender.
6. Stir in beans, zucchini, spinach, basil and pasta. Cook until beans and pasta are warmed and the spinach has wilted
7. Pour the soup into bowls and top with parmesan cheese.