NEWS & EVENTS
For the past 33 years, Steve and Karen Nading have been farming their 140-acre farm along with their two daughters, Laura and Katelin. Steve farms approximately 300 acres in corn and soybeans and Karen teaches at Columbus East high school.
In 1998, we planted 400 blackberry plants and started marketing the berries the following year. Since that time our farm market products have diversified into producing lettuce, potatoes, sweet corn, sweet potatoes, cucumbers, red raspberries, sunflowers, gladiolus, cut flower bouquets, heirloom tomatoes, black raspberries, and our signature whole hog sausage. In 2014 a high tunnel was added to our farm which will extend the growing season for some of our products.
Our farm is located approximately 50 miles south of Indianapolis. From Indianapolis take I-65 south and turn east or left at the Edinburgh/ Flat Rock exit on SR 252. Follow SR 252 until it intersects with SR 9. Turn south or right on SR 9 through the town of Hope. Approximately 1 mile south of Hope, turn left or east on county road 500 N. Drive 2 miles until you see the sign on your right, Whole Hog Sausage. Turn north or left on county road 1000E. Our farm is the first house on the right or east side.
Below are some of the farmer's markets that Nading Farm is involved with. You can visit these markets to see or buy our products.
Downtown Indianapolis Farmer's Market, every Wednesday from April to October, 10:00
Downtown Columbus (IN) Market, every Saturday, morning, June 6-Labor Day weekend.
Carmel Farmer’s Market, May 2 – Sept. 29, every Saturday, 8:00-11:30 am
Top 9 reasons to Buy:
1. You are supporting a small family farm.
2. You are dealing directly with the producer.
3. Our products are picked fresh.
4. Our happy hens are cage free laying eggs at their own pace.
5. There is less time from the producer resulting in less stress to the animal and more tender and flavorful meat.
6. The best and leanest animals are chosen to be our product.
7. There are no preservatives in our sausage.
8. You are purchasing a product from our family to your family.
9. There is very little fat in our sausage.